Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Cool Story About My Old Home


I wanted to share a really cool story about a house I used to own that fell on hard times. With just a little bit of help, this home that had failed to sell for nearly a year had a successful sale.

Selling your Grand Rapids home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Grand Rapids home? Search all homes for sale


I wanted to share a cool story with you today.

I used to own the house behind me in the video above a little more than 20 years ago, right here in the heart of Wyoming Park.

It was really cool because last summer I was looking over some expired listings and I noticed that this home was on the market for more than 300 days, and it kind of bothered me. I asked the owner for a walkthrough to determine why it didn't sell, and I was a little puzzled.

However, I gave them some hints for staging and some ways to make the house look a little better, including some awesome photography. When we got the house back on the market, it sold within five days!

The home expired at $120,000 but we sold it for $126,000!

The really great part is that it expired at $120,000 and we sold it for $126,000!

I really love working on projects for clients, so if you ever need any help any with real estate needs, give me a call or send me an email. I'd love to help you out!